In sad news from the otherwise excellent Camp Bestival, the BBC have reported that an explosion at the U.K. music festival last Thursday has left two attendees in hospital suffering from severe burns.

A giant fireball was seen near a campsite at the Lulworth Castle grounds completely enveloping one tent and burning another, leading to firefighters tackling the blaze with extinguishers and water. Firefighters believe the cause to be "a gas leak from a cooking stove cylinder" though the official cause is still unconfirmed.

A woman has reportedly suffered "life-changing" facial injuries according to the attending ambulance crew and was air-lifted to a hospital in Bristol. A male victim was also involved and transported to Dorchester's Dorset County Hospital.

Steve Underhill of the Dorset Fire and Rescue Service has praised the heroism of the firefighters: "Their actions were invaluable," he said.

A representative from Camp Bestival wished "a speedy recovery" to the victims while issuing this statement:

"Following this incident further safety messages and briefings have been put into place to reinforce fire safety practices."

The incident is the latest in a long line of high profile festival fire safety issues which led to Glastonbury banning Chinese Lanterns in 2011 and fears over Leeds festival campsite safety as gas canisters were thrown onto fires in recent years.